Roots & Wings Exhibition – The Hawth, Crawley, UK 13 – 24 February 2012
Urbanflo Creative Consultancy in collaboration with Brighton Photo Fringe, Crawley Borough Council and the Barbados Commission for Pan African Affairs are pleased to announce “Roots & Wings”, an international photography exhibition to launch the Olympic-inspired Programme – connecting artists and communities across cultural, social and geographical divides.
The exhibition celebrates the forthcoming presence of the Barbados, Grenada, Bahamas and Dominica Olympic training camps in Crawley, and will be linked to a partner exhibition in Barbados. (Further details about the Barbados exhibition and 2 exciting international residency opportunities will be announced in the New Year).
Entry to the exhibition is open to all, but we are particularly seeking submissions from UK-based photographers with connections to the Caribbean, and from Caribbean-based artists with connections to the UK. Other artists are welcome to submit works that explore the theme of “Roots & Wings”. Please take a few minutes to read through the application guidelines below and if you would like your work to be considered for the exhibition then we’d love to hear from you.
Deadline for applications is 9 January 2012, and entries will be selected by a panel made up of representatives from Urbanflo and Brighton Photo Fringe.
The selected works will be digitally printed and mounted by Urbanflo for exhibition in the UK and Barbados.
The UK exhibition will be held at The Hawth, Crawley from 13th – 24th February 2012.
There will be a special Launch Event and Private View held on 12th February 2012. Guidelines for Submissions Submission Items: To apply for selection for the “Roots & Wings” exhibition you will need to submit the following items together with the attached Application Form:
• Up to 10 digital images of your work (10 is the maximum but you can submit fewer if you wish)
• The caption/title, medium and dimensions for each image you intend to submit
• Size: each file must be NO larger than 1Mb.
• Format: .jpg, .gif or .png only
• Resolution: 300dpi
• An artist’s statement regarding your work and your UK/Caribbean links (if applicable).
• A brief one-paragraph bio suitable for use in a book or exhibition catalogue (optional).
• A CV (Curriculum Vitae – maximum 2 pages A4) focussing on your artistic career.
• Your complete contact information – address, phone, e-mail, and website details if you have one etc.
Submission Deadline: Monday 9 January 2012.
• Selected exhibitors will be contacted by 15 January.
• Eligibility: Entry is open to all regardless of photography experience Judging Criteria: Creativity/Innovation; Impact; Composition; and where appropriate, Interpretation of theme
• Fees: There is no submission fee for you to pay and there will be no fee payable for works selected for exhibition.
• Copyright: All work must be submitted by the copyright owner. Artists maintain the copyright of their work.
Usage Rights: All entrants agree that any image they submit to the “Roots & Wings” Exhibition may be used for marketing and promotional purposes directly related to or “Roots & Wings”. This use may include, but is not limited to, publication in any or “Roots & Wings” printed materials, advertisements, electronic media, Internet, television, catalogue, DVD, magazine and gallery shows. Any image used by the “Roots & Wings” Exhibition will be accompanied by all credit information on the artist. Copyright and all other rights remain that of the artist.
Please complete the “Roots & Wings” Exhibition Application Form overleaf and send it together with all the required attachments to email@example.com You can also get in touch with us at the same email address if you have any further questions. Roots & Wings Submission Info & Application Form http://www.urbanflo.com/