Print Designer/s wanted for Rising Styles Hip Hop festival 2009 – voluntary post
Rising Styles is the UKs largest annual commissioning international Hip Hop Festival.
KALA PHOOL is the development agency that delivers the festival. 2009 will bring the 6th festival and we are on the hunt for dedicated, professional and creative members to join the production team. The positions are voluntary (i.e. unpaid) so please take this into account when applying.
Over the past five years we have had some amazing people work within the core team, unselfishly creating a positive platform for artists to flourish. Its important that the right qualities and experience are demonstrated when you get in touch as we have high standards and expect full commitment.
Current position: Print Designer/s
We are looking for talented and creative individuals to design all print material associated with the festival, including flyers, posters, CD cover, tickets and festival programme.
- You will be responsible for the production and delivery of high quality print ready artwork.
- To ensure brand consistency across all media you will be willing and able to work alongside our web designer to existing guidelines.
- Whilst being an active member of the team you must be able to work independently and to tight deadlines.
- You’ll be expected to prepare for, attend and contribute to periodic team meetings.
- Fully proficient in Quark/InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- The ability and flair to create exciting, informative and accessible designs that appeal to all ages.
- Experience in creating print ready artwork for delivery direct to printers.
- Attention to detail is essential as high quantities of material is printed and it must be accurate.
- Good communication skills.
- Proof reading skills.
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU?:
- Your work will be distributed nationally to press and media organisations as well as getting plenty of web exposure.
- You will gain valuable experience in the print production process from start to finish.
- You’ll have lots of professionally produced material for your portfolio.
- Although we can’t pay you, we’re a friendly bunch and will give you every bit of support that we can.
If you are interested in becoming a part of this exciting festival please send to us….
- Your CV
- A short statement telling us why you would be a valuable member of the team.
- Web links to examples of your design work.
- Two references with contact details.
- Your contact details.
Send your stuff to email@example.com
Deadline for applications – Midnight, Friday 13th February 2009. You will be contacted by Friday 20 February 2009 if you have been selected or not.
Rising Styles focusses on accessibility and equality in all of it’s ventures and does not tolerate obscenity, violence or prejudice of any kind.